Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Nuneaton Town FC


Nuneaton Town First Team - Match centre

Gosport Borough
Nuneaton Town
Sat 14 Dec 15:00 - Cup Full time Attendance 284

Gosport Borough 0 Nuneaton Town 0

Saturday 14th December 2013 (FA Trophy 2nd Round)

Match report courtesy of Nuneaton Telegraph;

Nuneaton Town will face an FA Trophy replay on Tuesday night after their second round tie at Gosport Borough finished goalless.

Boro came into the match on the back of five consecutive wins in all competitions but couldn’t find a way past their Skrill South opponents, and the two sides will now meet again at the Sperrin Brewery Stadium.

Gosport 0 - 0 Nuneaton Town FA Trophy by Andy Hibbs
143 photos

Kevin Wilkin’s men could have had the tie sown up by half time but for a number of missed chances, before the windy south coast conditions allowed the hosts to get back into the game in the second period, almost snatching the victory late on.

Wilkin named a strong team for the Trophy tie, with James Armson replacing Amari’i Bell in the only change from last Saturday’s win at Hereford, following Bell’s recall by Birmingham City.

Boro almost took the lead inside the first minute as Louis Moult caught the hosts’ keeper out of position but his shot from the edge of the area went narrowly wide.

Dave Hibbert headed straight at the keeper as Nuneaton continued to press, while at the other end Kelle Roos had to be alert to keep out Tom Dunford’s shot. The best chance of the half came ten minutes before the interval as Hibbert released Wes York, whose lob looked to be goalbound until it hit the crossbar.

Moult went close again soon after, when his 30-yard effort just cleared the bar, before Sleath also fired over at the end of the half.

It was a different story after the break however as Boro struggled playing against the strong costal wind. Gosport started to come into the contest, and mid-way through the half Justin Bennett saw a long-range effort almost catch out Roos, only to land on the roof of the net.

With four minutes remaining Dan Wooden was sent clear, but with only Roos to beat, the substitute lifted his effort wide of the post.

Roos had yet to concede a goal in his previous four Boro appearances, and ensured that run would continue when, in the last minute, he tipped Rory Williams’ effort round the post, meaning the two teams will have to meet again.

Attendance: 284

Videos and photos

Replay game

As it happened

  • Gosport Borough
  • Nuneaton Town
  • 0
  • Louis Moult Yellow Card 40:00'
  • 26 - David Hibbert Sub Off 71:00'
  • 27 - Freddie Ladapo Sub On 71:00'
  • 17 - Connor Taylor Sub On 86:00'
  • 16 - Wes York Sub Off 86:00'

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors